The Friends of the Lunenburg Public Library (FLPL) is a volunteer-led, non-profit organization, whose purpose is to support and promote the library’s resources and services, as well as the library’s role as a cultural center in the community. Our activities are funded by membership dues, donations, grants, and fundraising events.
In addition to advocating for our library, the organization raises and provides funds to facilitate a wide variety of additional services, activities, and resources beyond the scope of the library’s operating budget, including:
- Children’s story hours, science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) projects, summer reading programs.
- Young adult activities, projects and programs.
- Adult and family cultural events, concerts, crafts, storytellers, lectures, and movies.
- Copier and supplies.
- Computer hardware and software.
- Arts and crafts materials.
- Additions to the circulating collection.
- Discounted museum passes for current FLPL members.
Ways to Support the Friends
- Join the Friends: We are your neighbors, who support the FLPL through membership dues and volunteer hours. Becoming a Friend is a great way to support your local library and community. Annual memberships may be purchased at any time during the year. To join, stop by the library to pick up a form or print one here.
- Support our Sales: Browse the shelves of our continuous book sale when you visit the library and come shop at our Spring and Fall book sales.
- Donate Books: Donate gently-used items to the library. We are happy to accept used books, CDs, and DVDs that in good, sellable condition. We are unable to accept: abridgments, cassettes, encyclopedias, textbooks, and VHS tapes. Please put donations in the blue bins inside of the front library entrance. Children and teen materials are especially welcome!
- Shop on Amazon: Shop on Amazon and support the library at no cost to you! If you shop on Amazon and designate our organization as your chosen charity, the Amazon Smile Foundation will make a gift to FLPL equal to 0.5% of the purchase price of all eligible purchases. To support us, click here. Log into your Amazon account, and you will be prompted to choose an organization. We are listed as “Friends of Lunenburg Public Library.”
- If you would like to learn more about the FLPL, contact the library or send us an email at email@example.com.
Craft, Play, and Story Time for Preschoolers!
These children enjoy the opportunity to be creative while developing their fine motor, listening, and direction-following skills.
Patrons also love our new BEAM interactive projector, which was purchased by the Friends!
Skills being worked on with this fun system include: gross motor development, visual acuity, motor planning, and just plain social activity with friends!