Children are always welcome!
The library staff strives to maintain a safe and friendly environment for all.
- Parents and caregivers are responsible for the behavior of children in the library.
- You may not leave children under the age of 10 unattended.
- Children age 10 and older may be left unattended for a period of time – not to exceed 2 hours – to complete homework assignments or special projects.
- Children left unattended should know how to reach a parent or guardian and parents should be aware of the library closing time.
- Children should know who is picking them up and when.
- Be aware of the times of programs so the children do not have to wait for unreasonable lengths of time to be picked up.
- Please advise children to wait inside the building to avoid the hazards of the street and parking lot.
- Staff members will not transport children from the library to any other location.
- If a problem arises with children of any age, and we are unable to locate the parent or guardian, the police will be called.
Please remember: We are a public building open to all.
- The staff cannot regulate when or with whom children leave the library.
- Children left at the library are free to leave the building.
- Policy updated 9/18/2014